Discuss Large floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

I have a 180 sqm Floor to tile on s and c screed with ufh . Customer does not want to use movement membrane (ditra ,dural etc ) I won't do it without. Just wondering how many of you would .

L

LM

I have a 180 sqm Floor to tile on s and c screed with ufh . Customer does not want to use movement membrane (ditra ,dural etc ) I won't do it without. Just wondering how many of you would .
I would need more details of the tile to be used and layout/dimensions of the area.
Have exspansion joints been incorporated into the screed in the correct locations already?
As above has the UFH been commissioned properly?
All things being equal then yes I would tile it.

D

Dumbo

I would need more details of the tile to be used and layout/dimensions of the area.
Have exspansion joints been incorporated into the screed in the correct locations already?
As above has the UFH been commissioned properly?
All things being equal then yes I would tile it.
There are no expansions joints in screed

F

Flintstone

I would tile it yes with those tiles, what's the problem? Is there any cracks in the floor

O

One Day

I'd do it, provided the floor was commissioned, and I could fit expansion joints (even just a soft one) every 8m and between doors.
If it was natural stone or thin porcelain - Ditra or I walk away.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As above generally mate, if its porc then fine without ditra, just put expansion joints in at 6 or 8 m bays

Reply to Large floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks