Search the forum,

Discuss L shaped cuts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

This has come up a couple of times recently so I took a couple of pics when I was doing one today, hope it helps a couple of people.

Score the 2 lines on dry cutter, then make a diagonal cut into the corner using a wet cutter or grinder.
emytu6as.jpg

Then put the tile back into the dry cutter an snap the 2 pieces out.
supa7ahy.jpg

yqepuvut.jpg

Hey presto, an nice clean L cut with no chipping.
yzura4uh.jpg

C

charlie1

How I do it bri, but make a 3rd score cut from point to point where the first two meet the edge then snap off the triangle. Will save those diamonds on your grinder

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
call me picky bri,but your wheel has chipped the glaze,nothing bad,but still,someone could complain ;)

I

Ian

im quite confident as well bri that it will be fine mate ;)

That was quite an old wheel with a light score, I'll take a pic tomorrow of what a new wheel did! Not pretty! Reminded me of the porcelanosa ceramics where the glaze 'popped' for about a minute after scoring, don't know if you've ever fitted those.

Reply to L shaped cuts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen