Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen floor in slate, undertile heating & insulation boards. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peegee tips

Hi Folks,
First post in here so hope you can offer some good advice.
I Have a job to quote on in westminster London, its a concrete kitchen floor 12m2, needs priming & leveling, insulation boards laid, electric undertile heating, leveled & Tiled with modular black slate.
Will need to take into account sealing slate also.
What do you think would be a reasonable price as i don't want to go in & underprice by loads.
Also, what would you be charging to lay insulation boards, elec heating, leveling & black granite in a bathroom....same place. 5m2
Many thanks for your time.

P

peegee tips

Anyone please.....

I've gone in at £1250 for the kitchen
& £495 for the bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Westminster in London would probably be a very expensive place to tile! Parking will not be cheap, congestion charges and the like so I am afraid i coudn't even give a ball park for the rates that area commands. However, I normally price by day rate for the prep and UFH and stuff, so what ever your day rate is x how long it will take. M2 rate for the slate? up here I would be looking at least £50/m2 so it may well be much higher in Westminster!!

D

doug boardley

you've got in one grumps, was scratching my head on this and you've posted vitrually what I was thinking:thumbsup:

P

peegee tips

I know, i'm struggling too....
these prices are labour only.....

& i'm quoting £50 m2 for the granite & slate.

I'll be staying at a mates gaff & parking at his work so no congestion charges!! :hurray:

Got bathroom shower & walls to do also & kitchen splash...but i think i have that covered!

W

White Room

I know a guy that charges £250 a day or more, just for aggrovation with parking and the like, think you may have to drop your tools and equipment off at the property then get the underground train. Thats what we used to do

P

peegee tips

I know a guy that charges £250 a day or more, just for aggrovation with parking and the like, think you may have to drop your tools and equipment off at the property then get the underground train. Thats what we used to do

Parking isn't a problem as I can park at my mates works, which is literally 100yds from the property, & he's driving me to & from the property so i don't clock up any congestion charges......so all's good.

Just wanted to make sure i wasn't underpricing the work.

Reply to Kitchen floor in slate, undertile heating & insulation boards. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen