Discuss Just used 365 drills for the first time in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mark B

Hello,

I have just used the 365 drill bits for the first time on a job with very hard full bodied porcelain tiles and they worked superbly.

The hole sizes ranged from 8mm to 50mm in fixed and un-fixed tiles and every hole was spot on, even when cutting crescents from the edges of tiles. The 8mm bit has cut 24 holes now and it's still going strong!

The only problem I encountered (as others have experienced) is that the yellow guide plate wears after only a few holes. I ended up drilling a whole load of other 8mm holes in it and used them.

All in all a great product :thumbsup:

Mark

B

brian c

Yes they are well worth the money,why dont you put a wet sponge under the drill bit when starting off and once you have a start take the guide away and it will last longer.:grin:

T

theyomper

Topps do a drill bit guide that can be used for drills from 4 mm - about 83mm. Just bought one and it works well. Has a suction cup to hold guide to tile. Resonably priced as well.

D

DHTiling

The only thing is though..these suction cups don't work on riven tiles........:thumbsup:

W

White Room

On riven face tiles I use 365's plastic gauge and clamp it with those cheap plastic clamps from diy sheds

M

Mark B

Yes they are well worth the money,why dont you put a wet sponge under the drill bit when starting off and once you have a start take the guide away and it will last longer.:grin:

Thanks for the tip. I have only been using them as instructed - dry to start for 10 seconds and then wet to complete. I found that it was still wearing the guide but I guess that's possibly due to the number of holes I've managed to get out of one 8mm bit so far. :yes:

Mark

P

plasteringtiler

As Sir Ramic said thanks for the feedback. Saw 365 drills at the recent Grand Designs exhibition and they've been at the back of my mind ever since so recently ordered a set (and received them the next day :grin: ). Good to hear they do what they're supposed to do. :thumbsup:

F

Fred

never used them, I get mine from Hong Kong for a couple of pounds, then chuck them away..........

D

Deleted member 1779

We often do the demos at trade shows.

br3a.jpg

I think the drills are lasting a lot longer than we claim!

br2a.jpg

The advice is to remove the plate after a few seconds but I am sure our diamond crowns are lasting for longer !!!

br4a.jpg

Certainly not getting any complaints about the drills...

And they work in the hardest of porcleain tiles.

M

Mark B

Hi Richard,

I'm using them exactly as instructed - the wearing of the guide plate is purely down to the number of holes drilled!

I've used the 6mm bit now and have found that the geared chuck in my Dewalt drill has crushed the bit. Luckily it's still centered so isn't causing any problems. Is this a known issue?

Mark

D

Deleted member 1779

Let us know how you get on....

If you need the install team to do a demo then we can send them

365ts2008b.jpg

Just make them a cup of tea!

Reply to Just used 365 drills for the first time in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks