Search the forum,

Discuss Issues With Installing 9x18 Glass Tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Most mortar for glass manufacturer's say they do not support installation of glass tiles larger than either 3x3 or 6x6. The galss tile I have is 9x18. What would be the best mortar for me to use and what is the proper wall preparation - some sheetrock with wallpaper stripped off and some new sheetrock with joint compound sanded smooth. Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer guidance/help.

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Laticrete GTA (glass tile adhesive), and no sheetrock, use wonderboard or another brand of tile backer. The glass manufacturer should have some instructions to follow.

Reply to Issues With Installing 9x18 Glass Tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen