Search the forum,

Discuss is it worth stayin at college ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ryanmc0305

Hi all ,

just a quick post really , I was wondering if its worth me going back to college to complete the secound year of my ica level 2 (obviously in tilin lol ) because i see lots of peoples post here an they have been out on them 4 day courses and have started ther own buissnes from that ! i feel confident enough to get out there but most of my time is spent in college , well my main question is ;- is the qualification really that important ? and also whats the best way in your opinion to advertise ???

Thanks guys .:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

falkirktiler

Hi mate, I am one of the guys who went and did a course ,but i am employed by someone now , but if you had given me the option i would definately do the college thing and get qualified

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi falkirk,,interesting to see your working for someone as most people ive spoke to are doing it self employed,are you working for a bathroom fitting company or a tiling company as such? do you feel this has been more beneficial for you as oppose to going it alone so to speak m8 after your course?

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hehe sorry mate bit of a hijack there,,personally if i had the chance id probably do the college route and get the qualification also and take the time to learn more matey as well:thumbsup: good luck

F

falkirktiler

the company does full bathroom instalations with joiners,plumbers electricians and of course tilers. I had to tile a display in the bosses showroom to let him see if i was any good or not , and he must have liked what he saw. I would like to tell you that i want to work for myself , but the way the guys/gals are talking on here right now it's a relief to know that i don't have to go and hunt for work to pay the bills. As far as the company goes he is booked up for bathrooms into next year already and has been going for 25 years and he gets ALL his work by word of mouth, never advertises, so his rep means an awful lot, which can only reflect on the guys doing the job. I do consider myself very fortunate to have landed on my feet like this , i know not everyone will have the opportunity to work for somone else

hope this helps

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
makes interesting reading falkirk,just good to see someone of a short course succeeding in a big company as oppose to going self employed as its the 1st one ive heard of,nice one:thumbsup: sorry ryan i stole (borrowed your thread again m8):thumbsup:

C

cmurray

Hi ryan, i have just recently done a short course to pick up the basics and only doing it at weekends til work picks up, but if i was you pal i would stick at it and get the qualifications.

Reply to is it worth stayin at college ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen