Currently reading:
is it worth stayin at college ???

Discuss is it worth stayin at college ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ryanmc0305

Hi all ,

just a quick post really , I was wondering if its worth me going back to college to complete the secound year of my ica level 2 (obviously in tilin lol ) because i see lots of peoples post here an they have been out on them 4 day courses and have started ther own buissnes from that ! i feel confident enough to get out there but most of my time is spent in college , well my main question is ;- is the qualification really that important ? and also whats the best way in your opinion to advertise ???

Thanks guys .:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

falkirktiler

the company does full bathroom instalations with joiners,plumbers electricians and of course tilers. I had to tile a display in the bosses showroom to let him see if i was any good or not , and he must have liked what he saw. I would like to tell you that i want to work for myself , but the way the guys/gals are talking on here right now it's a relief to know that i don't have to go and hunt for work to pay the bills. As far as the company goes he is booked up for bathrooms into next year already and has been going for 25 years and he gets ALL his work by word of mouth, never advertises, so his rep means an awful lot, which can only reflect on the guys doing the job. I do consider myself very fortunate to have landed on my feet like this , i know not everyone will have the opportunity to work for somone else

hope this helps

Reply to is it worth stayin at college ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.