Search the forum,

Discuss Is It Too Much To Ask!? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Started a wet room conversion today. Nice couple, retired and fairly well off. Arrived at 0830. Suite ripped out by 0930. Floor up by 11. Not a cuppa to be seen! Never mind I thought, I am sure I will get one when I get back from the builders merchant with the new floor.....nope!
Unloaded 4 full sheets of ply, braced joists with noggins, cut & fixed floor, fitted former and still no brew.
I vacuumed up at the end of the day and told them I will see them first thing again........without a brew!

Now I'm never one for expecting or asking for a cuppa (I've seen trades asking for meals before!), but even a midday cha would have been nice :mad::confused:

I'm not being unreasonable am I? It's good to look after your tradesmen I thought. What do you all think?

W

White Room

I don't think it's being unreasonable, I take a flask with me to make sure I have a hot drink when I want one but it would nice to be asked.

My misses will ask any tradesmen who walks through our front door would you like a tea.

Q

Qwerty

I haven't had to make a flask in years. I did have a mini kettle and makings when I started out but never used it so binned it as it was taking up space in the van!

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The best thing about this forum is just learning your day to day work..if a client gave me a meal or a drink, I have no doubt it would be deducted from my price...and cost more than the best food or drink in town.

Reply to Is It Too Much To Ask!? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen