Search the forum,

Discuss I just bought the levelling system in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Ha
The cons for this type of tiling is the fact that it is prone to
leaving voids in your work,up to date no one has published
details to this respect.
also how much time does it add to a job.
Have a look at polmaster on youtube it seems to add a lot to their work . Would love to know what they are charging to make any money . Mind quality looks nice not sure about walking on wet tiles even if they strapped .

L

LM

details to this respect.
Using levelling clips or not, ill prepared substates will lead to voids under tiles if not addressed. The clips are brilliant for the SLIGHTEST of adjustment to clamp adjoining tiles level with each other on properly prepared substrates and in that regard do save time. Yes they cost money and do take time to install, but the difference in time taken to achieve the same quality of flatness in comparison as to when not using them is considerable. Personally I think it speeds up achieving that level of finish. If tiles are back buttered on a correctly prepared substrate then they are an advantage!

O

One Day

details to this respect.

They CAN make a "tiler" lazy enough to create voids.
In themselves they don't create voids though.

Used correctly they save the time adjusting levels and tweaking, as well as the risk of adhesive slump.
Used poorly - they can make a spot-fix job go really fast and look great. That is the main risk in my opinion.

D

Dumbo

Firstly if you did one square metre . Well actually it would 1.08 sqm you would not use 11 you would use 8 only . But quite correctly you wouldn't use 48 on 4sqm .well actually it would be 4.32 sqm you would use 34 .

L

LM

This is getting silly lads, if you lay two tiles you'll use 2 straps, 3 tiles you'll use 4. If you lay a long narrow corridor it will have a different ratio than a large square room. 11 straps per mtr is an average for 600x600, chill out!

Reply to I just bought the levelling system in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen