Discuss I just bought the levelling system in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

average

TF
Reaction score
I know quite a few on here dont like these or would use them however ive just bought the ramondi leveling kit on amazon to test it out. HAve watched the videos on youtube about this product and the ones similar to it. Have read the reviews online also but wanting to know, what are the cons about these products. Ill admit, sometimes im a victim for advertising and i know, these videos are only going to show this system in its best form but just curious to know how good or bad it is.

Im off for a few weeks but after christmass, i have a 50sq meter floor to tile in 600x600 porcelian tiles and will try it out on this job however im abit worried incase the tiles arent exactly 600x600 and have only 1.5mm of space between the tiles to try and get them in line.

S

Spare Tool

Don't get the impression any of the kits going to just level the floor for you, you've still got to get your substrate flat before you start..all they do is take out any small lips and hold the tiles in place till adhesive goes off.
I'm using the genesis straps and there 1.5 mill but just put a three mill spacer in between tiles before tightening them up..

average

TF
Reaction score
Don't get the impression any of the kits going to just level the floor for you, you've still got to get your substrate flat before you start..all they do is take out any small lips and hold the tiles in place till adhesive goes off.
I'm using the genesis straps and there 1.5 mill but just put a three mill spacer in between tiles before tightening them up..

No, i know about needing the floor or walls flattened first. Was looking at the price of the kit and sure at 55quid, sure why now try it. Ill admit, sometimes im prone to getting the odd (very small) lip on floor tiles. Just wanting to see if this would make my tiling abit better.

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used them few times. id recommend agood thick bed for large format and back buttering every tile before you lay it and keep the joints dead clean to avoid wasted time cleaning after . obviously precise preparation to the subfloor to be dead flat is needed. I use 2mm spacers with them as well. with all these things done well your floor will look like glass

D

Dumbo

I know quite a few on here dont like these or would use them however ive just bought the ramondi leveling kit on amazon to test it out. HAve watched the videos on youtube about this product and the ones similar to it. Have read the reviews online also but wanting to know, what are the cons about these products. Ill admit, sometimes im a victim for advertising and i know, these videos are only going to show this system in its best form but just curious to know how good or bad it is.

Im off for a few weeks but after christmass, i have a 50sq meter floor to tile in 600x600 porcelian tiles and will try it out on this job however im abit worried incase the tiles arent exactly 600x600 and have only 1.5mm of space between the tiles to try and get them in line.
Don't know how many straps you got in your kit but by my reckoning 50 sqm =150 tiles . 4 straps per Tile = 600 straps obviously wedges are reusable .

L

LM

image.jpg
Don't know how many straps you got in your kit but by my reckoning 50 sqm =150 tiles . 4 straps per Tile = 600 straps obviously wedges are reusable .

Reaction score
The cons for this type of tiling is the fact that it is prone to
leaving voids in your work,up to date no one has published
details to this respect.
also how much time does it add to a job.

D

Dumbo

Ha
The cons for this type of tiling is the fact that it is prone to
leaving voids in your work,up to date no one has published
details to this respect.
also how much time does it add to a job.
Have a look at polmaster on youtube it seems to add a lot to their work . Would love to know what they are charging to make any money . Mind quality looks nice not sure about walking on wet tiles even if they strapped .

Reply to I just bought the levelling system in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay