Search the forum,

Discuss I am looking an experienced tiler to work with Epoxy grout and quartz in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gregcrammond

Hi there
I am looking for an experienced tiler who has had lots of experience with Epoxy grout and Quarts tiles.

I have a kitchen and bathroom that ned to be grouted.

I have laid the tiles myself but have no experience with Epoxy grout and have heard you have to really know what you are doing .

The tiles are Black starlight quartz and the area is about 5 meters squared in kitchen and about 4 meters squared in bathroom.

I am looking at using a black epoxy grout.

Based in London.

Thanks
greg

G

gregcrammond

Re: I am looking an experienced tiler to work with Epoxy grout and qua

Hi
Ok i realise this is probabaly not something that is very apealing as obiously difficult to do but what i forgot to mention is that i am willing to pay VERY good money to get this done . The money i am offering is no laughing matter .

Also just to clarify , i have tiled the kitchen already , you would need to tile the bathroom floor and then grout both the kitchen floor and bathroom floor.
Cheers

M

Mr Tiler

why have you chosen to use epoxy mate?

D

Daz

Modern epoxy is as easy to work with as cementious, IMO. I wouldn't touch this job because I don't do re-grouts and I don't finish other peoples work. I can't put my name to any job that I didn't do 100%.

I

Ian

Modern epoxy is as easy to work with as cementious, IMO. I wouldn't touch this job because I don't do re-grouts and I don't finish other peoples work. I can't put my name to any job that I didn't do 100%.

Absolutely Daz, I'm just keen to know why epoxy is required in a domestic, low traffic area. IMO a quality cement based grout with an added protector would be ample.

M

Mr Tiler

same as bri unless he plans on jet washing the walls a suitable coulour matching grout will be fine, its how he plans to seal up the internals which could compromise the substrate... boooyyaaaa! lol joke

G

gregcrammond

Hi
Thanks for the replies , i am using black quartz tiles and i want to have a black finish and have been told that if i use black grout it will fade in colour. I was told epoxy would be better because it won't fade like black grout.
Any help or advice would be appreciated , if i seal the black grout should it last a while ?
Its just i have spent £2500 on tiles and really want it to look good.
Thanks

Reply to I am looking an experienced tiler to work with Epoxy grout and quartz in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen