Discuss Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Avatar is smaller. Post count and likes etc are there now only when you click the name and see the contact card.

Arrows still there for me.
image.jpg

They appear when you scroll.

O

Old Mod

Oh ok so they're changes u've made then, no problem.
Thank you.
Preferred it the other way tho, haha I dunno the members Avatar looks kinda naked now :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I want the eyes to be on the content for new members. Less clutter.

It's only a click to view it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly the same design mate. It's a popular one.

But you can minimise the 'clutter' on most styles by taking away the repetitive stuff. A thread that's quite long but only 4 or 5 people chatting in it can end up with the same post count info and like count and join date in it dozens of times and it just looks messy. I browse the sparky and plumbing forum now and it looks far far too busy and clunky.

Don't know how we lasted on that software for so long.

Well I do, it wasn't possible to port over when it first came out and then a lot of people ran into issues easily, and XF lacked some important functions and customisations, but you know what I mean.

I've increased the font size by half a point too. But it's enough to make the actual content in threads to stand out a lot more than usernames and whatnot.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Still trying to get my head around it, one thing missing from my point of view is a button to jump to the last post in a thread that you haven't been following, or one that you have but don't want to read everything, was that clear ?? lol :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The link you click into the thread (the actual thread link in the forum category or in new posts) works out what the last post you read was and takes you to the next. Automatically.

You can also click this one, when in a thread.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 14.57.13.png

Go To First Unread Post

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't turned anything off.

No they're now just small green triangles that don't pulse. See my pic above.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think because we use a caching system and CDN (content delivery network) it can take a couple of log in and outs to force each browser history to update and take a new copy, and force the CDN to pick up the new copy.

But it could just be because I keep messing lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, if you're on iPad or Mobile, it shows you a different stripped down version of the main forum. So it might just be missing on that version.

Reply to Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay