Discuss How to do a bath access panel in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

robbieee

How would i go about this? I will be tiling the side of my bath in a brickwork layout. It has a wooden frame already around the bath.

Q

Qwerty

Either make the whole panel removable or have a siliconed joint where two parts of the panel meet to enable it to be cut & removed.

D

DHTiling

You can make an access panel easy enough using magnetic type catches..

magnetic-Access-Panel-Tile-Bath-M.jpg

TradeTiler sells the kits ..

S

steve187

as daves post above but it would have to be brickbond shape, silicon in the joints and cut out when required.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You could make the panell out of wediboard or similar, then tile it. If you then been acces later you just cut out with a fien type saw.

P

prceramics

i would make it a whole panel that you can remove, think it looks better than having an access panel. I would make it out of hardi backer board cut to size then screw to the frame then tile as normal but not tiling over the screws when thats done drill holes into the tiles that will cover the screws take one of the screws out holding the board put some adhesive on the back of one of the tiles then screw it into where it is going very gently using mirror screws just enough to hold the panel when the addy is dry you can tighten, do this for all screws, when addy has dried and all screws tightened you can silicone around the edges.
it will be quite heavy if you need to remove it so you may need help

R

robbieee

Bought the access panel magnets, they will arrive tomorrow. Going to make a hatch panel with 12mm hardie backer.

P

Protilers

tile trim left of joint.......and tile trim to the right of joint......

hope it helps....

Lee

R

robbieee

My tiles are 360 x 275 so i was thinking about just making the access panel one tile. Hopefully that will be big enough?

R

robbieee

Too late already done it in 12mm :-( just need to figure out how to do the panel. Don't want it to be obvious it's a panel

Reply to How to do a bath access panel in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks