Search the forum,

Discuss How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smurf21

Any how DHsanta65 how are you getting on now.. are you full time tilling now?:thumbsup:

noticed the thanks 9 mins ago..

D

dhsanta65

Any how DHsanta65 how are you getting on now.. are you full time tilling now?:thumbsup:

noticed the thanks 9 mins ago..

Hi mate, I have just been made redundant form my last job and I am just about to take the plunge into full time tiling, maybe not the best time to be going full time due to the current state of the country but got some redundy money to pad me out for a while so it's now or never, thanks for asking.

Relating to my initial post has my speed picked up any since then, I would say yes a little but that's from tiling on a part time basis, so I will see how I fair speed wise over the next year full time, if I get enough work in that is . I believe it's quite tough out there for a lot of folks.

S

smurf21

Well good luck hope it works out and remember quality first speed will come in time a well done job will get you a recommend a rushed job may only get you a recall..:thumbsup:

M

mosaic man

a good tiler should be able to knock an average bathroom out in 2 days.
i would be embarassed to be there a week later i would expect the customer to be raging.
if you start at 8 finish at 4-5 and dont take the mick with the breaks its easy done.

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
For 15mt on walls 5mt on floor...... walls and floor in good nick average size tile 2 days normally, as we know windows and boxing take the time. I always do the window wall first. (THATS WHERE THE POLE LASER LEVEL SAVES YOU TIME) Im a bag man as wel..........l thats powder all the time

D

doug boardley

I'm in the wrong game! I should be employing some of you tilers rather than fixing myself :lol:

D

diamondtiling

For 15mt on walls 5mt on floor...... walls and floor in good nick average size tile 2 days normally, as we know windows and boxing take the time. I always do the window wall first. (THATS WHERE THE POLE LASER LEVEL SAVES YOU TIME) Im a bag man as wel..........l thats powder all the time

Sorry buddy but I can't accept that, in 23 years I have yet to see a professional tiler do a bathroom in 2 days on his own, 15 mtrs of wall and 5 floor??? its just not going to happen,

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

D

dhsanta65

Sorry buddy but I can't accept that, in 23 years I have yet to see a professional tiler do a bathroom in 2 days on his own, 15 mtrs of wall and 5 floor??? its just not going to happen,

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Glad you said that mate, I just don't see how anyone could tile an area that size in 2 days unless it was a bare square room with absolutely no obstacles to tile round and I have not come across a bathroom like that yet !

D

doug boardley

to be honest, what's an average room?
but based on my £x per m2 rate, I'd quite happily spend 4 days on a 20m2 bathroom, any longer I'd probably think i was losing money, but you make that back on the rooms that you get done quicker than anticipated. Swings and roundabouts spring to mind:thumbsup:

Reply to How long should an average size bathroom take to tile - walls & floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen