Discuss How Do I Break Down Keraquick in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

been thinking about this thread all day.... simply put... i have never seen a tile lift from a well installed, primed section of plywood with a decent adhesive and a well laid tile. as i said, the bastard is in the number of screws you need to go through to make the ply overboard totally inflexible... and in response to aussie tiler.... you are effectively creating a cross ply section with overboarding which makes it vastly stronger. like anything, if it is done well it will last.
If it's done well it will last but not using 6mm ply.
Honestly you need to move with the times & get away from fixing to ply, it's just not stable a surface to tile to these days.
Hardie or thermal will give u a far superior bond & wont suffer from the same expansion or contraction that you get through ply.

L

LM

If it's done well it will last but not using 6mm ply.
Honestly you need to move with the times & get away from fixing to ply, it's just not stable a surface to tile to these days.
Hardie or thermal will give u a far superior bond & wont suffer from the same expansion or contraction that you get through ply.
Couldn't agree more, but sometimes some people just have to learn the hard way;)
Today's ply simply isn't what it used to be!

J

Joseph Kover

If 19 came off badly layed, the other will come most likely off too. Take all off and redone. You can start grindering the floor, you risk your floor heating and make all dust for yourself, if you still insist to lay back the 19 pcs, grinder from the back of the tiles which will be pain in the back site but you can gain another 1-2 mm to work with so you need to take less thickness out of the Adhesive on the floor plus you can do the grindering outside. If you laid back the 19 tiles and other 15 comes off 3 months later repeat the procedure. But honestly, better to take all off

Reply to How Do I Break Down Keraquick in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks