Search the forum,

Discuss Homelux waterproof membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

ohhnoo

Has anyone installed some of this as instructions say to use a 5mm/3/16" adhesive trowel but doesn't say whether it should be a vee or square notch. I would of thought vee notch as I think there would be a lot more adhesive with the square notch. Also 5mm seems a bit deep to me and I reckon there will be a lot of adhesive squeezed out but I guess the manufacturers should know what there on about. I cant seem to find a 5mm vee notch so thought about using a 3 or 4mm but If a 5mm is essential I will use that.
Will it be ok to use a 3 or 4mm if not does anyone know where I can get a 5mm vee for a reasonable price

D

diamondtiling

What surface are you applying it to? I would stick with the recommendations of the manufacturers. A 5mm square notch is fine.

:thumbsup:

O

ohhnoo

Thanks for the quick reply, Its going onto water resistant plasterboard (green) onto the 2 corner walls of a showere quardant upto about 1.5m and I will use the rest to go around the bath top. Another concern I have is the amount the wall will be built out if I were to use the 5mm.

G

Gazzer

By the time you have pressed the membrane into the adhesive the edges will be hardly noticed. Just feather the edges out with adhesive to make sure.

D

david campbell

i'm sure a 3mm would be fine,most tanking kits are recommended with a 3mm and i'm sure homelux used to recommend this

just checked there product spec and it does say 5mm,but by the time you put it on and flush it down it will probably only be about 3mm

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

It wont be 5mm after you have smoothed it out, if you use a smaller trowel you may have patches of air pockets or areas that don't adhere properly, it will not cause a major problem to the thickness of a wall.

:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hi Ohhno,

I've just fixed a load of Homelux matting on a couple of jobs and I used a 6mm solid bed wall serator:thumbsup:I mixed the adhesive (Keraflex) slightly softer than normal and gave it a good going over with the flat side of my serator - It was absolutely solid and very flat the next day:hurray:

O

ohhnoo

Thanks for the replies:thumbsup:, decided to go for a 4mm square notch I'm sure 1mm less will be ok.

Reply to Homelux waterproof membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen