Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all, Porcelain L / wet cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

d c tiling

Hi all, newbie saying hello. Been looking in on the forum for a few months now and really getting on wife`s nerves as I`m on every day, (beats the rubbish on telly I say).
OK so first question , got a Rubi TS 50+ and it`s great for cuts on porcelain, also using a Plasplugs contractor plus DW 150 wet cutter, fine on ceramics but seems to chip / fray the edge on porcelain. Put a new Turbo blade on ( cost £24 ) and it still chips. Do I need a different Blade or is it just poor technique. Thanks in advance, Daz.

B

brian c

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.....WHEN RUNNING THE TILE THROUGH THE WET SAW DONT PUSH THE TILE AND ALSO MAKE SURE YOU SCORE IT BEFOREHAND....ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE PLENTY OF WATER IN THE WET CUTTER.I use the same cutter and have no probs with it.

S

sWe

Hi there.

You probably need a different blade. Turbo blades tend to produce a bit rougher result in exchange for being faster. Different manufacturers have different approaches on how to achieve chip-free results, so your best bet is to check the product guides of different manufacturers. Good luck.

M

MICK the Tiler

The chipping could be just the brand spanking new turbo blade diamond wheels need to be broken in a bit before the cut really nice try a few rough cuts on an old brick to get a bit of wear happening. also as Brian c has said score the cut on the tile cutter first, this should improve the cut.

I only use continuous rim diamond wheels for porcelain and leave the turbos for stone or fast cutting.

D

DHTiling

hello Daz and welcome to the forums.........check you have no wobble on the spindle..some of those plasplug cutters have had problems with this.....good luck..

p.s.

Yes!! the forums can be addictive eh?....

I

IvegotsTILE

Brians right mate,score first and follow the line otherwise it will chip the tile

Reply to Hi all, Porcelain L / wet cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen