Search the forum,

Discuss Help with which tile adhesive?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good morning, hope everyone is well, just looking for a little advice, Just wondered after sealing the walls, what type of tile adhesive could I use on the type of wall in the picture, would a good quality ready mix be ok?
using standard metro tiles, brick bond pattern, many tanks

thumbnail_20210315_105555.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Prime with acrylic primer then cement-based or dispersion (tubbed) adhesive.

(Double check another response a bit later before buying - I'm not a tiler anymore)

What tile are you going with?

Reaction score
Prime with acrylic primer then cement-based or dispersion (tubbed) adhesive.

(Double check another response a bit later before buying - I'm not a tiler anymore)

What tile are you going with?
hello. thanks for replying, what is dispersion tubbed adhesive? sorry if sound stupid...

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Good morning, hope everyone is well, just looking for a little advice, Just wondered after sealing the walls, what type of tile adhesive could I use on the type of wall in the picture, would a good quality ready mix be ok?
using standard metro tiles, brick bond pattern, many tanks

View attachment 114307
It looks like your skim coat has de-bonded. Clean up all loose areas and prime with acrylic primer 3:1 ratio and then skim/key the walls in with a bagged cement based adhesive, then you can proceed to tile with same adhesive once dried. The background isn’t stable enough as it is.

Last edited:

Reply to Help with which tile adhesive?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen