Search the forum,

Discuss Help! what notch size trowel should I use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

STEVEROG

What is the correct size notch trowel to use to lay the following tiles.....

Niro Granite Regal Vanilla porcelain.

These tiles are 10 mm thick and 300mm x 300mm square. I am laying onto plywood base. The adhesive I will be using is mapei keraquick mixed with latex plus.

I have a plasplugs trowel that has rounded notches in it. These notches are 10mm deep and 20mm wide. Not sure if this is suitable.

Steve

D

DHTiling

Your adhesive wants to wet enough to bond to the tile but not too wet that it slumps as you comb it out...Mixing it too stiff will not give a good bond or full coverage on the tiles back..:thumbsup:

S

STEVEROG

Thanks for all you input.

I went with the 10mm half round trowel that I mentioned earlier. As for the mix, I went with exactly the advice given on the latex plus which was one 1.5 kg container of latex plus mixed with a 5kg bag of keraquick.

The tiles are down. I am pleased with the result (it looks ok to me but them this is my first floor tiling job!) there is one tile that has a slightly low corner relative to its neighbours (probably 1 to 2mm out at most) but its hardly noticable. I will take some pictures and post them on here once the floor is dry enough to walk on.

Steve

B

brian c

Thanks for all you input.

I went with the 10mm half round trowel that I mentioned earlier. As for the mix, I went with exactly the advice given on the latex plus which was one 1.5 kg container of latex plus mixed with a 5kg bag of keraquick.

The tiles are down. I am pleased with the result (it looks ok to me but them this is my first floor tiling job!) there is one tile that has a slightly low corner relative to its neighbours (probably 1 to 2mm out at most) but its hardly noticable. I will take some pictures and post them on here once the floor is dry enough to walk on.

Steve
This is either because no adhesive was used at the corner of the tile or you pushed the tile down too far.:thumbsup:could always replace now before grouting as its easier to get tile off the ply.

Reply to Help! what notch size trowel should I use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen