Search the forum,

Discuss Help!!!! Tiles falling off wall! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Thanks for your encouragement! Just stopped for a cuppa and a 'surf' for suitable reasonably priced tile adhesive....not had my tea yet as I burnt it to a cinder.... oh dear..... am getting carried away with all this DIY malarkey and all you lovely people out there helping me!
just go down to your local tile shop Lily, I wouldn't bother getting any adhesive and grout off the internet.

L

Lily Swizzle

Here's the latest update - I'm knackered. Have nearly got all the tiles off the length of the bath side - scraping the grout off as I go. Here's some pics.... will hopefully finish that wall tonight and do the other one tomorrow. Don't suppose you guys know where I can get 4 pluggy things to plug the holes in the bath where I took the bath handles off do you? Just thought I'd ask if you had any ideas....... the people in B&Q gave me a strange look when I asked - think they thought I was an idiot.....Thanks for all your support - you've all been lovely x

011.jpg
012.jpg At least the marble I got out of a skip didn't smash!!

L

Lily Swizzle

Hello, I'm back again. Have an afternoon/evening full of adhesive removal from backs of tiles planned. Have got trusty sander out to sand the walls too after I've scraped some of the paint off. Was thinking ahead and just wondered which adhesive I should go for: Mapei Buildfix Rapid Set Wall Tile Adhesive? Or Mapei Buildfix Single Part Super Flexible Adhesive? Any pros and cons of either? (apart from one is more expensive than the other...)? Am going to get the Mapei Buildfix Plaster Primer to prime the walls first after all the paint is off..... hope this is the right thing to do...... Thanks lovely peeps, it's nice to have some knowledgeable bods to speak to....

Reaction score
Hi Lily ,if i was you i would go for the Mapei Buildfix Single Part Super Flexible Adhesive,as the fast set might give you a few problems keeping -up with the setting time, looks and sounds like you are having great-fun :thumbsup:
keep up the good work and we are loving the pictures :hurray:

L

Lily Swizzle

Thanks for the advice! Don't know what I'd do without you guys..... would be in even more of a pickle than I am already!!

L

Lily Swizzle

The spacers I'm using aren't the usual cross shaped ones... they're like little tiny plastic tubes about 3cms long and 2mm wide - got them off my bro in law who'd had them for ages and didn't like them.....remind me of those sugar pink panther cigarette sweets they used to sell when I was a kid.....you can't eat them though..... or smoke them, but you can blow through them - don't know if that's an advantage or not... I'm rambling now - must be the tile adhesive......

Reply to Help!!!! Tiles falling off wall! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen