Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Help tiles chipping in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stevetiler

Hi all , doing a job tiles are Borneo blue 90cm x 30cm from porcalinosa can't cut them without chipping , dry cutter is a sigma which cuts ok ,wet cutter is dewalt d2400 also tried to cut them with another tilers sigma 9b still chipping !! Glaze is very thin on tiles
Any ideas ?

S

Stef

These, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426525688.635465.jpg
You haven't got a hope cutting these without chipping.
I gave them a very light score through the sigma & were ok but tried to wet cut them for wetroom floor & they chipped really bad.

O

Old Mod

You haven't got a hope cutting these without chipping.
I gave them a very light score through the sigma & were ok but tried to wet cut them for wetroom floor & they chipped really bad.
Jeez, those bloody things! Been there!
It's amazing what grout and a prmanant marker can do! :smilewinkgrin:

C

cone

A less cynical person may say that finding ways to overcome a problem portrays the initiative of a true professional! :sofahide:

Ya, just as a true cowboy would come of with lol.

I'm only kidding by the way ;)

S

Stevetiler

Yes that's the one nice looking tiles but crap quality !! Nice job you've done there :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Strange as I did a wetroom a year ago with Borneo Blue walls and thought they cut really well both dry and wet, no problems at all

S

Stevetiler

maybe the quality have fallen in that time ! Big companys trying to save money ,they were badley bowed as well

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
maybe the quality have fallen in that time ! Big companys trying to save money ,they were badley bowed as well

Definitely not bowed, I've never had trouble with Porcelanosa tiles, but I know few of the guys have complained about bowing recently

Reply to Help tiles chipping in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks