Discuss Happy anniversary Antonio! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Not something we normally do, we used to notify when members hit certain post counts tho.

Anyway...... I think it's worth mentioning that Antonio has been on the forum exactly one year today, and personally, I think it's a great achiement for everyone!

Obviously, Antonio first and foremost for sticking it out and persevering with the language barrier, and I think he's done an amazing job using google translate to its fullest and adapting it to make it work for him!
And for working through cultural differences and senses of humour! :D It can't have been easy. :p
Making 'trusted advisor' was a massive step for him but totally deserved, his advice is always sound and he fully commits to what he believes in, he's passionate to say the least. Even if he doesn't like it when someone disagrees with him! Hehe ;)
But then this wouldn't be a successful forum without differences of opinion, would it!

All you guys have contributed too!
As far as I'm aware he's been totally accepted by all the members and If it wasn't for you, this would not have been possible at all.
You've been kind, tolerant, and very forgiving at times, and that deserves recognition also I think.
Especially as he can be what we would see as an Atypical Italian! Haha
(That's a compliment Antonio:))

So thank you everyone for doing your little bit, and thank you Antonio for making this forum a little more interesting at times, and for taking us a little closer to being a forum that is willing to embrace members from all over the world, so that we can all grow and learn from each other, no matter what their technique or ideas!

Congratulations Antonio, and thank you ALL!

I

Italy

Ouch
What, I created !!!!
a monster!!!

images (2).jpg

S

Spare Tool

Not something we normally do, we used to notify when members hit certain post counts tho.

Anyway...... I think it's worth mentioning that Antonio has been on the forum exactly one year today, and personally, I think it's a great achiement for everyone!

Obviously, Antonio first and foremost for sticking it out and persevering with the language barrier, and I think he's done an amazing job using google translate to its fullest and adapting it to make it work for him!
And for working through cultural differences and senses of humour! :D It can't have been easy. :p
Making 'trusted advisor' was a massive step for him but totally deserved, his advice is always sound and he fully commits to what he believes in, he's passionate to say the least. Even if he doesn't like it when someone disagrees with him! Hehe ;)
But then this wouldn't be a successful forum without differences of opinion, would it!

As far as I'm aware he's been totally accepted by all the members and If it wasn't for you, this would not have been possible at all.
You've been kind, tolerant, and very forgiving at times, and that deserves recognition also I think.

So thank you everyone for doing your little bit, and thank you Antonio for making this forum a little more interesting at times, and for taking us a little closer to being a forum that is willing to embrace members from all over the world, so that we can all grow and learn from each other, no matter what their technique or ideas!

Its tricky to convey British sarcasm over in google translate but I think you get us....

Eventually @antonio :)

T

Time's Ran Out

Will he survive Brexit next March!
Why is he always up an hour before us!
Does he really just take pictures of tiling jobs and is a cyclist for the Local tourist board.
Or is he one of those Italians in the mould of Zola, Stradavari, and Emperor Hadrian - gifted, innovator and a leader, no doubt we await his translation .

I

Italy

thanks marc and thanks you all.
seems an obituary, but unfortunately for you, I'm still here.
in this year, I thought many times to leave the forum, but someone here, did I learn to stop and think. then decide.
marc, it is not true that I get angry, if a member does not agree with me.
because only fools never change their minds.
yes, it is true that I get angry, but because I can not make myself understood, or the thing that gives me the most trouble, when a member enters a trend and impose his ideas, without having tried or tested other.
when I say, this is better than that, I say it because I tried and I am 100% sure of what I say. otherwise, I say I prefer this.
Then, if a member says, it is better genesis (one example), I can not say no, better raimondi ... genesis does not exist here ...
that's all ;)
I want to apologize, though many times, I do not like I press the button, but more often than not, do not understand the message immediately, or with the translated page, translates it like, come in uk is as ....
many times, not help myself, it's stronger than me, if I see something wrong, I have to say. This is atypical Italian, I only have a few friends for this reason and the ones I have, tell me I always say what I think.
p.s
I I know I'm an atypical Italian, it happens to me every day.
could you explain how are typical Italian?

Now, I can do the moderator? ahahah thanks you all ;)

I

Italy

Will he survive Brexit next March!
Why is he always up an hour before us!
Does he really just take pictures of tiling jobs and is a cyclist for the Local tourist board.
Or is he one of those Italians in the mould of Zola, Stradavari, and Emperor Hadrian - gifted, innovator and a leader, no doubt we await his translation .
a picture says a lot of words. I use the bicycle, because it was a gift and knees remain fit. ahaaha
and are not an artist, those inhabit below of roma.

Reply to Happy anniversary Antonio! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks