Search the forum,

Discuss Half Bathroom Tiling design IDEAS needed ASAP Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiles4me

Hi guys,
Thank you for a great forum.
My missus a couple of days ago without asking, decided to demolish some of the tiling and now we quickly need ideas to retile the bathroom. To be honest it really does need updating as its dark.

Its a standard victorian terraced stone-built house and the bathroom is approx 8ft by 7ft. I personally feel the bathroom is very cold during the winter due to it being fully tiled, so i want to reduce the amount of tiling, but without making it look like its gone back to the 80's/90's. Currently it has the standard 3 piece bathroom suite with a standard shower above the bath itself.

My main issues at the moment:-

1. What designs should i go for which has minimal tiling and is not out of date? (I like a warm look, but not dark! - so if colours can be stone or off-white? Maybe some dark tiles for contrast?)

2. How do i go about putting the tiles on? i.e. your tips, so that i don't make a disaster of it. Any video guides?
Thanks

20120703_233614.jpg 20120703_233643.jpg 20120703_233703.jpg 20120703_233728.jpg

T

tiles4me

thanks very much for a warm welcome suave...i just hope someone can quickly help me revert a disaster, lol. I know it's not easy, but i'm a good learner and willing to take a shot at any challenge.

W

White Room

Hi and welcome....I noticed on picture no 1 that walls are lath and plaster, I'm thinking theres more involved than just choosing tiles...

T

tiles4me

i know guys, but i'm not worried about that...my brother is a plasterer, so my plan get the whole room replastered, but its the design of tiling that i need to decide. I don't want a fully tiled bathroom - not only do i find it a bit out of fashion, i think it feels too cold.

I need your opinion on my plan, which is to have the following walls:-

shower/bath & full sink wall - stone tiled slightly higher than shower height
the whole floor - continues with the same stone tiling
the wall with radiator & toilet upto left of window - stone tiled slightly higher than toilet

Throughout, it will be the same tiles on walls and floor. The rest of the walls and ceiling will be painted white/cream.

Tile colour and size example:

0058404.jpg

What do you guys think? Is my idea rubbish?

T

tiles4me

@ del W - i know mate, but once i have an image of what would look great, then i can get on with it...don't worry about that mate, i just need you great people to give me help on the tiling aspect...what do you think of my idea? Do you have any other ideas? :thumbsdown:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Take the opportunity to use an insulation tile backer board to cover the external walls and re-tile the lot.

Welcome aboard by the way. :)

Reply to Half Bathroom Tiling design IDEAS needed ASAP Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen