Search the forum,

Discuss Guarantees in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Just how long do all guarantee a job for?
I got a wetroom fail from over two years ago...tray n waste etc was fitted by builders/plumber, tanked and tiled by myself.. Going on Tuesday for a butchers, should I be charging after 2 years?

O

One Day

Hi Andy, I can't find the website I'm thinking of but I think law says only 12 months for defective workmanship.

How much do you value your rep with this client? Is the failure down to you or to them?
Personally I'd never tile onto someone elses prep (aside from a small handful of people I know personally)

S

Spare Tool

Hi Andy, I can't find the website I'm thinking of but I think law says only 12 months for defective workmanship.

How much do you value your rep with this client? Is the failure down to you or to them?
Personally I'd never tile onto someone elses prep (aside from a small handful of people I know personally)
Thats the question...is the fail down to me or not, could be a seeping joint or waste backing up, gonna be hard to tell without taking a ceiling down, all I can do is go for a look Tuesday, but if I then start resiliconing etc and if it still leaks is the whole worry still on my shoulders, had to order mapie silicone n grout in from TGiant so spent £25 on it already.. Could you post a Link to the one year guarantee please mate? ;)

S

Spare Tool

Why are you being asked to have a look and not the plumber and builder? more chance to be their responsibility.
Thats a good point actually, the builders got onto me to sort it, i done a lot of work for him in the past and more to come in the future, so agreed to go check things out, perhaps that was the wrong call from the outset :(

O

One Day

Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 - Which?

Under "guarantees" - seems to imply that a case could go to court and they would determine what a "reasonable" amount of time would be.

If I were you Andy (and I wanted to put right IF it was my fault) - I would offer to investigate the cause, photograph etc and if it wasn't my fault - invoice for the time investigating.

I've done this 2 years ago when I had several floor tiles fail.
I panicked like mad and after cutting a hole in the floor found cardboard packers under the joists had caused the floors to drop all over the place. Nothing at all to do with me but I charged a day rate and got it.
Better than that though was being vindicated.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Interesting one this and I've thought about it quite a bit. You can spend 50k+ on a car and only get a three year warranty. No more than a year from me!!

S

Spare Tool

Interesting one this and I've thought about it quite a bit. You can spend 50k+ on a car and only get a three year warranty. No more than a year from me!!
Have always joked about a five day(till cheque clears) guarantee but this is first one to come n bite me on the ***, feel like I should at least go take a look but as said above plumber and builder should also be on site..

S

Spare Tool

my clients sometimes ask for warranty.
I say, when paid warranty expire.
then it client never pay. :(
Thing is I've never ever offered any guarantees on any of my work and nobody has ever asked for any, that's the reason for the thread to find out if folks are offering them and if so for how long..
I've
been onto the builder this morning and he's gonna meet me at site on Tues so will report back

I

Italy

Thing is I've never ever offered any guarantees on any of my work and nobody has ever asked for any, that's the reason for the thread to find out if folks are offering them and if so for how long..
I've
been onto the builder this morning and he's gonna meet me at site on Tues so will report back
They are problems of workers.
who is at the bar does not have problems
dear @Andystiletiling ( Northern)

Reply to Guarantees in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen