Search the forum,

Discuss Grout not uniform colour in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Diluted phosphoric acid works a treat if it's caused by excessive polymers. Obviously you wouldn't use that on natural stone but will be fine for your porcs.

H

hmtiling

I thought mm2 was efflorescence free?
I find it more user friendly than ucp and ucp 113 is the only one I've had go patchy.
I used the fuga fresca which sorted it nicely.

O

On one

I used an old part bag of Gun Metal MM2 to do 4m2 of floor tiles on Thursday (so old it most likely was out of date)
It was OK when I left it!..................................
Not sure about the morning after though

O

One Day

I think too many tilers like their grout too wet.
I like mine to be firm, so there's less water in the mix to begin with.

There's also a tendency to not bother waiting until that golden few minutes when it's started to harden up in the joints.
Some grouts, i.e. TM 3000 - it seems you can get away with washing-as-you-go.
Others don't like it though.

D

Dumbo

I think too many tilers like their grout too wet.
I like mine to be firm, so there's less water in the mix to begin with.

There's also a tendency to not bother waiting until that golden few minutes when it's started to harden up in the joints.
Some grouts, i.e. TM 3000 - it seems you can get away with washing-as-you-go.
Others don't like it though.
Trouble is mapei ucp dries a lot faster on Tile face than in the joint you then scrub Tile and wash grout out of joint . Why use mapei ucp well because customers want the right shade of gray . I remember when their was one colour of gray

Viceroy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've have had issues with coloured grouts for years, Mapai being the worst to use, drying to quick on tile surface and still soaking wet in the joints, I have stopped doing a 2nd wash with clean water now on coloured grouts, I'm letting them dry for longer and using clean towels to polish off, I deffo think its too much water during the washing off process that causes patchy colours, out of all the coloured grouts I'm finding ultra's grouts are drying the best

Reply to Grout not uniform colour in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen