Search the forum,

Discuss Glasgow in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

I'm with Pete. So long as the floor is good and you've got a clear run you could easily earn more than on domestic work.
I've been making better money at the moment on contract tiling, yep the rates are lower but there's more to go at.

R

Rookery

I'm with Pete. So long as the floor is good and you've got a clear run you could easily earn more than on domestic work.
I've been making better money at the moment on contract tiling, yep the rates are lower but there's more to go at.
I agree too. If you're set up well a good team can bang down loads of metres on a commercial contract and make good money.

P

Peter

Pretty standard Northern Ireland rates, that's what I charge for straight forward 600s and can still get a decent wage.

On that job it's not a problem, you'll still clear £300 a day without breaking too much sweat. Twice the price for domestic and you might only make half that.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
As said, about average for contract work, a few years ago the guy we were subbing to kept dropping the rates, sign of the times, still made decent money at it, and on that tile size with decent floors = money in the bank :thumbsup:

Reply to Glasgow in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen