Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Glasgow in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

Just saw a post for fixers for a job in Glasgow to fit 600 square porcs for £14/m2

Is this what it's came to??

I suppose if peeps are struggling for work then you could make money..

S

steve187

i just looked at that thread, and was thinking about posting on here, but you beat me to it, i was getting that price for smaller tiles 20+ years ago.

W

White Room

If your've got nothing better to do than watching Jeremy Kyle.....money in your pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fairly average price for commercial work, IMO you could make decent money at that. I'd take that job over a domestic job at twice the price any day!

which must make me a monkey:lol:

Last edited:
S

Stef

Fairly average price for commercial work, IMO you could make decent money at that. I'd take that job over a domestic job at twice the price any day!

which must make me a monkey:lol:

Pete but for 600 porcs???

I know most of us on here could make a decent wage on this but £14/m2 for a tile that size...

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Pete but for 600 porcs???

I know most of us on here could make a decent wage on this but £14/m2 for a tile that size...

I get what you're saying Stef but for contract work you don't get much more. You've got the tiling contractor taking a cut, The shop fitting firm taking a cut too. I've just had some lads doing a job for me and I wasn't paying much more than that. I guess it depends what kind of work people are use to doing but personally I think you can make a great wage doing jobs like that on that sort of price.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
take the job on and sub it out for £8.00 m2....:lol:...bet someone would do it......where's mr T..lol

B

bugs183

I'm with Pete. So long as the floor is good and you've got a clear run you could easily earn more than on domestic work.
I've been making better money at the moment on contract tiling, yep the rates are lower but there's more to go at.

R

Rookery

I'm with Pete. So long as the floor is good and you've got a clear run you could easily earn more than on domestic work.
I've been making better money at the moment on contract tiling, yep the rates are lower but there's more to go at.
I agree too. If you're set up well a good team can bang down loads of metres on a commercial contract and make good money.

P

Peter

Pretty standard Northern Ireland rates, that's what I charge for straight forward 600s and can still get a decent wage.

On that job it's not a problem, you'll still clear £300 a day without breaking too much sweat. Twice the price for domestic and you might only make half that.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
As said, about average for contract work, a few years ago the guy we were subbing to kept dropping the rates, sign of the times, still made decent money at it, and on that tile size with decent floors = money in the bank :thumbsup:

Reply to Glasgow in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks