Search the forum,

Discuss General building work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

Hi have a query that needs a answer looking to nock down a existing garage that's located at the end of a garden and replace it with a wooden car port one would this require planning permission and two rough price for the cost of this! Any general builders advice wud be great!

T

terrycoe1

That's what I thought shame I can't add a pic of what it is they want its wooden structure with tiled apex roof won't be any bigger than the garage there but neater looking and can get both cars under shelter with out the hassle of opening a garage door plus it's back entrance house so would be lookin to put a small gate at back of car port into garden

C

Colour Republic

Most of the time it comes under permitted development but still has to meet some criteria in order for it not to require planning permission mainly to do with size/height/position...

as for cost, that varies, anything from £2k for something simple up to 15-20k+ for an oak masterpiece. You'll find one of the easiest ways is to buy a ready made kit.

T

terrycoe1

i do believe it is but you can get the best answers for anything on here :smart: i seem to always get dragged into a different project when tiling ! :thumbsup:

Reply to General building work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen