Search the forum,

Discuss Forget the tiler, pearls of tiling wisdom required instead in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
That all sounds fine.. I always use a dilute SBR to seal nothing wrong with the others and I have used them alot but I just buy the 5ltr containers. As its a one off it might be better getting a 1ltr container of Mapei primer G. No need to seal if ceramic, unless crackle glazed.. which I doubt at that size. Good luck with it all.

S

Sarah Rowley

The offer to post it up on our social media pages is still there

Nah, I feel suffused with the glow of all of your tiling knowledge and support and I'm pumped to do this thing! High five!

Just gotta remember to be careful and not to stick any tiles to my person, the cats or my lunch and we should be away, now where's my butter knife and sledgehammer?

Mark Frost

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Nah, I feel suffused with the glow of all of your tiling knowledge and support and I'm pumped to do this thing! High five!

Just gotta remember to be careful and not to stick any tiles to my person, the cats or my lunch and we should be away, now where's my butter knife and sledgehammer?

13lb lump hammer will do but you'll need a steak knife ;)

Q

Qwerty

Ok. Do share the finished article with us. We love pics too!

S

Sarah Rowley

So I've finally got some time and all the gear but still not all the ideas. I have scraped all the paint off so the surface is back to 100% bare plaster and I have Mapei Primer G waiting to be put on but I just have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with:-

should I abrade the plaster surface before priming?

also, should I loosen the sockets before priming so the stuff can go under them a bit? Or is that mental and the stuff is too runny for that?

also also, how many coats of Primer G should I do, it says to put it on neat with a brush to gypsum so that's what I was going to do, but it doesn't specify number of coats.

If anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.

Reply to Forget the tiler, pearls of tiling wisdom required instead in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen