Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

BAL Fastflex is the most flexible adhesive there is. S2 isn't really a measure of flex, but more of flexural strength (i'm told anyway)
Some situations call for massive bond strength - so use TM Ultimate for that.
Others call for more flex - BAL FastFlex for me in that case.

I'm with Andy Allen on this one. GT1 with the BAL grout too.
Every day's a school day:thumbsup:

H

hmtiling

Hey! I might be wrong mate. Just what i was told and what I've seen. It is very pricey too!
I've seen it in 12kg bags at Topps and dread to think what it equates to at 20kg. I've heard it's a bit like the old Weber wf21 when mixed.

R

Rookery

I probably wouldn't tile onto a floating floor but if I did, adhesive wise, I'd use Keraquick and latex.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've seen it in 12kg bags at Topps and dread to think what it equates to at 20kg. I've heard it's a bit like the old Weber wf21 when mixed.
Biggest big you can get is 12.5 kg but as it's an elastomeric you will still get approx 4 to 5 m2 from a bag with 10mm trowel.
Can't use it with the new bal decoupling mat though..

H

hmtiling

blimey, theres a blast from the past, WF21!
That was horrible gear to use and wash off but there was never any doubt it would stick and flex.
Weber set plus and ad250 replaced it and that is hard to beat for flex and bond imo, although not as user friendly as the new(ish) single part s2s

Reply to Flexible Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen