Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting wet room tray in to corner -- tanking to surrounding two walls? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hey guys

I'm completely gutting our bathroom (walls/ceiling and floor)

I'm putting up 12.5mm marmox board on all the walls and fitting a 900x900 showerstone tray in the corner direct to joists, surrounded by 18mm ply and 4mm marmox board.

My question for today is...

A) Do I fit the wall boards first to the studs, all the way down to the joists..THEN butt the showerstone tray up to these boards.. and tank the joins with waterproof tape?

or

B) Do I fit the tray in to the corner then fit the wall boards so the come down on to the tray, and then tape the joins?

thanks guys :)

D

davemul

B it is then gents, thank you!

I will use marmox sealant when joining the boards to each other on the wall studs and screwing. Also taping the joins. I will also probably paint the wet room areas walls with mapei mapegum.

Can I use the mapegum on the floor too? or would I be better off using a waterproof membrane? (will tape and seal joints as per walls also)

thanks

Dave

A

anothergit

Hi, would you tell us how you got on and what you thought of the Marmox shower stone tray? I'm going to be undertaking a wet room project in my house and the products your using have been sugggested to me. Just curious if you thought they were good or not. cheers:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Fitting wet room tray in to corner -- tanking to surrounding two walls? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen