Currently reading:
Fitting wet room tray in to corner -- tanking to surrounding two walls?

Discuss Fitting wet room tray in to corner -- tanking to surrounding two walls? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hey guys

I'm completely gutting our bathroom (walls/ceiling and floor)

I'm putting up 12.5mm marmox board on all the walls and fitting a 900x900 showerstone tray in the corner direct to joists, surrounded by 18mm ply and 4mm marmox board.

My question for today is...

A) Do I fit the wall boards first to the studs, all the way down to the joists..THEN butt the showerstone tray up to these boards.. and tank the joins with waterproof tape?

or

B) Do I fit the tray in to the corner then fit the wall boards so the come down on to the tray, and then tape the joins?

thanks guys :)

Reply to Fitting wet room tray in to corner -- tanking to surrounding two walls? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.