Currently reading:
Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard?

Discuss Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mono

Hi all,

Can I mount Marmox board onto plasterboard, and what method would you advise? I could remove platerboard and mount onto stud but I know the studs aren't suitably spaced meaning adding more timber (every 300mm)

I did this yesterday on a smaller wall after some good advice off this forum, but this wall is much larger and if I can I'd rather just go straight onto the plasterboard. Obviously want to get this right so will rusted if I have to, juts after some opinions or advice.

Thanks.

M

mono

Hi Bugs,

Yeah, it's the shower. All good for tiles and screen. Next question is the floor:

I'm using a shower lay former (20mm) but because the floor was not level I had to sink it into the floor and hang off the joists to level up. This has left the showery tray sticking 10mm proud. Can I use the 10mm boards straight onto the chipboard floor, or would I be better with no more ply or similar?

Thanks, great forum this.

D

DHTiling

Sounds like a plan. I'll need to tape all the joints too yeah? Is the tape 'flexible'. Just figure you're always going to get some movement with timber over time. Thinking of the shower area really.

Thanks for the advice guys. Very much appreciated.

Yes... marmox do 2 type of tapes.. one you apply with adhesive and the other is self adhesive.. PHG wetrooms sell them at good prices.

Reply to Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement