Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mono

Hi all,

Can I mount Marmox board onto plasterboard, and what method would you advise? I could remove platerboard and mount onto stud but I know the studs aren't suitably spaced meaning adding more timber (every 300mm)

I did this yesterday on a smaller wall after some good advice off this forum, but this wall is much larger and if I can I'd rather just go straight onto the plasterboard. Obviously want to get this right so will rusted if I have to, juts after some opinions or advice.

Thanks.

M

mono

Hi,

It's for tanking. Haven't selected tiles yet but don't anticipate they'll be anything out of the ordinary.

Already got the board so looking to use it along with the showerlay tray.

D

DHTiling

I replied to your PM , was quicker than awaiting your post approval :lol:... mods are asleep .

M

mono

Haha, thanks for that. I thought that there was something wrong with the refresh button!!

So, adhesive and screw into the plasterboard/studwork? Will the boards take up any unevenness in the walls without issue if they are fully bedded down? The walls aren't too bad but aren't perfectly flat either.

D

DHTiling

You can D&D them but fixings must go through the dabs.. or flatten walls off first..

B

bugs183

Hiya Mono.
As Dave says, i dunno what area you are doing, but if it's a shower make sure you'll have enough room for the tiles and the showerscreen to fit.

M

mono

Hi Bugs,

Yeah, it's the shower. All good for tiles and screen. Next question is the floor:

I'm using a shower lay former (20mm) but because the floor was not level I had to sink it into the floor and hang off the joists to level up. This has left the showery tray sticking 10mm proud. Can I use the 10mm boards straight onto the chipboard floor, or would I be better with no more ply or similar?

Thanks, great forum this.

Reply to Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen