Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mono

Hi all,

Can I mount Marmox board onto plasterboard, and what method would you advise? I could remove platerboard and mount onto stud but I know the studs aren't suitably spaced meaning adding more timber (every 300mm)

I did this yesterday on a smaller wall after some good advice off this forum, but this wall is much larger and if I can I'd rather just go straight onto the plasterboard. Obviously want to get this right so will rusted if I have to, juts after some opinions or advice.

Thanks.

M

mono

Hi Bugs,

Yeah, it's the shower. All good for tiles and screen. Next question is the floor:

I'm using a shower lay former (20mm) but because the floor was not level I had to sink it into the floor and hang off the joists to level up. This has left the showery tray sticking 10mm proud. Can I use the 10mm boards straight onto the chipboard floor, or would I be better with no more ply or similar?

Thanks, great forum this.

Reply to Fitting Marmox board onto plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen