Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a Coram slimline shower tray with tile adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Speedoman

Hello

Has anyone ever installed a Coram slimline shower tray bedded in tile adhesive or even sand and cement?

Below is a link to the instructions, for fitting the shower tray without riser legs onto a timber or solid floor but it only mentions using silicone sealant to bed the shower tray.

[DLMURL]http://dev.coram.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/00-71037-00-Slimline-Showertray.pdf[/DLMURL]

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Speedoman

Thank you both for your replies!

Could I just ask please, in the link to the instructions, step 3 mentions putting silicone sealant on the centre foot under the shower tray. Does this mean the centre foot is not removable?

Do you put the tile adhesive in only the places where the instructions tell you to put silicone sealant or do you put the tile adhesive with a trowel covering the entire area of the plywood and then you bed the shower tray?

If covering the entire area of the plywood with tile adhesive, what size trowel do you use?

Many thanks for your help!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fitted a resin tray ( like yours) today. If your struggling for depth of adhesive. This is another way without using a notched trowel. Still solid bed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
S

Speedoman

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I decided I am going to buy the Mira flight low shower tray!

Reply to Fitting a Coram slimline shower tray with tile adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen