Search the forum,

Discuss First Job Almost Done in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leeroberts636

Hi All

Been a while since i have posted I was going into the tiling business but just a quick up date......almost completed my first job (bathroom & toilet floor and walls floor to ceiling). Quite a big job for my first one and a tough one as the plumber had put in the bath, toilet and sink before hand and the walls were in an awful state.
I primed the walls with bal APD primer then used floor and wall bitumen sealant (great fun ..not!). Does this sound ok to you guys?
Said it would take 4-5 days and in reality has taken 7, I suppose spotting the potential problems before hand and not on the job will come with experience !!! Still I am happy with my first job looks good and I know the walls behind are in good shape too. The main thing is the customers are happy and I really enjoyed not having to wear a shirt and tie to work!

take care all and thanks for all the support ...roll on the training course

cheers lee

L

leeroberts636

I used the sealant on the floor and bath/shower surround, is that ok?

Pics are coming soon!

cheers lee

M

mistral

I bet it felt good to get paid for your first job, eh.
I'm with the others on the sealant though, sounds a bit strange to me.

Reply to First Job Almost Done in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen