Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout. Timescale. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

FreeD

Ok I've got to tile a Chinese restaurant for a China man. I may have to epoxy the lot. Never used the stuff before, got to price it up. Apprx 8m2 of tiling. 2mm grout lines, tile size 250 x 330.

I am slow at grouting compared to you guys who grout all the time, how long do you think it will take me to do 8m2 of epoxy including full clean down?

G

Gazzer

As Dave says about 2 hours but we dont know your ability, If it would take you 2 hours with normal grout then it will probably take you about 5 hours with Epoxy....also it would depend on the Epoxy being used.

M

Mike Mike

If you add on the bottom of your invoice the following then you will be my hero for ever:

"YOU ORDER FOOD, YOU PAY FOR IIIIIIIIIIT!"

F

FreeD

lol ok Mike i'll add that on.

I'll allow half a day for 2 people...hoping to get some free food while working, hopefully no cat or dog stew

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Is there going to be 2 of you doing it ? if so it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, honestly, epoxy nowadays isn't like it used to be, what brand are you going to be using ?

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Kerapoxy 3mm groutlines!

That's good gear to use, make sure the tubs are kept warm prior to use as it makes it a lot easier to use, iirc the coverage out of a tub isn't great, but we had 5mm joints, you'll need lots of clean water, a few pads and sponges, it really won't be a bad job, good luck, just use one tub at a time,both apply it and both wash off, you'll have it done in no time, the last job I used it on we had about 50m2 on the ceiling alone, mid June in the heat, ouch, some pictures in my albums under Chiswick house,

N

NZ_Tiler

If you spread to much epoxy and don't wash it off in time, it will go hard on the tile making it near impossible to wash off. It will also go off in the bucket if you mix more then you can spread in a short amount of time. Scales are a good precise way to half the tubs. This way you are working with fresh grout, easier to spread and wash off, and no waste from it going off in the bucket. Use plenty of fresh water with emulsifying pads then a wash with clean sponges. Have fun!:smilewinkgrin:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Hello... becouse if you done this many times it's easy for you , but if some never did apoxy it's -hell

Hello lmao, how old, anyway, I only asked because you said you can't do more than 2m2 at a time, just wondering what your thinking was, it does all depend on experience, confidence etc but anyone and I do mean anyone should be able to do a tub at a time.

Reply to Epoxy grout. Timescale. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen