Search the forum,

Discuss Encaustic tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mark Handyman

Hi I've recently laid some encaustic floor tiles. They were kept meticulously clean throughout laying. They were sealed with the recommended sealant, fila fob, before grouting.
However, The cleaner they recommend isn't cleaning them up enough to put a finished seal on. After 3 attempts.( fila ps87).The grout colour is limestone on a patterned white tile.
Any ideas how to give them a good clean? Thanks.

M

Mark Handyman

See attached pic IMAG1450.jpg

S

Spud

you could try getting some saw dust from the pet shop mix 50ml of diesel through half a builders bucket of saw dust and rub this into the tiles make sure you ventilate the room and wear gloves it will clean the tiles up nicely

Reaction score
Depending on what type of sealant you plan to use, you might consider if the thin residue of diesel that might remain on your tile is compatible. It would not be w/ the sealant we have been recommending lately which is more of a top-coat than an impregnator. You can sand lightly w/ 200 or 250 grit sandpaper. Any courser will leave visible scratches, any finer will polish and can leave polished hot spots which may show later. Just a thought.

Reply to Encaustic tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen