Search the forum,

Discuss emailing quotes.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
can you download anything that lets you know if an email you have sent has been opened or not..?
I emailed a quote last week and never heard anything back on a job I was confident on getting, so I sent her a text asking if she had received the quote she said no, then 5 mins later rang back to say she found it in her spam, that she never looks at......got me wondering how many more quotes have gone missing...

D

Dougs Third Go

often wondered this myself andy as I usually send my invoices via email and can sometimes wonder wether or not to ring client after a few days or sometimes weeks to check if they've recieved it.

D

Dougs Third Go

If you have a look in your email settings you might find an option that will send you a receipt to say your email has been delivered. I always check with customers because of the spam thing.
mine always tells me it's been sent Del,,,,I'd just like to know whether it's been opened or not:thumbsup:

Q

Qwerty

If I don't hear from customers after a few days then I send them a text or call them if they have no mobile. I always make a point if telling them on my visit to quote when I will be emailing the quote and that spam sometimes catches it so to check that too

G

Gazzer

As far as I am aware you can set your email to ask for a receipt but they also have the option of not sending it. I get the same issues that you probably get with people saying they havent received my invoice. Another stall tactic imo.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Think it depends on what mail system you are using. I'm pretty sure if you use Microsoft Outlook there is a setting that sends you a message if the mail has been read but that would depend on whether the recipient is using Outlook. Similar to the i-Phone when you send a text message to another i-Phone, it tells you when it's been delivered and read. If you sent the message to a Samsung then it doesn't.

C

Colour Republic

The simple way of doing it is to 'ask for a read receipt'. When the email is opened a pop up is displayed saying ' The sender has requested a read receipt, would you like to send one? Yes or No' If they say yes, then you will get an email back saying they have read it.

The downside is if that person is like me, who always says 'No' to sending read receipts as I then get a call asking me what I thought 10 mins later.Not saying you would do that but it's happened to me enough times that I just automatically say no regardless of who it is.

The other way is by using an email client that lets you track if and when it was opened, even how many times. This is normally done by placing a hot linked image in the the email. Quite often a company logo. When they open the message it automatically retrieves that image off a server somewhere, that servers logs that the image has been requested and as such it knows the email has been opened.

The hot link for that image is different everytime, so it knows which email was opened. So say if you sent 20 emails that day you could track each one in there own right.

Pretty much every spam or advertising email you get works in this or similar ways

Reply to emailing quotes.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen