Search the forum,

Discuss Electric UFH in a shower tray? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

As above, can or should you put UFH in a shower tray.
The plumber that I am working for has a customer who wants to run the UFH from the rest of the bathroom floor into the shower tray(and tile on top)
I have done one before,many moons ago. But it still leaves me a little nervous,regarding the electrics and maintaining the correct falls.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
You can put Electric UFH on top of the shower tray however you need to leave a gap to the drain to stop you heating any waste water that could settle causing a smell. The same rules apply when covering the cable, it requires a 6-8mm compound over the top.

O

On one

I don't see the point really - keeping your feet warm in the shower?
Me neither!
I suppose if the whole floor is heated as opposed to half heated ,half not, there is less chance of a cracked caused by the thermal difference between the two substrates?

L

LM

Maybe it’s just me but I turn the shower on before I get into it to make sure it’s at my preferred temperature and I doubt at that point if I’d appreciate ufh in the shower envelope.

Reply to Electric UFH in a shower tray? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen