Search the forum,

Discuss Dunlop Tile on Wood in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

john306

Went into a tile store today looking for bathroom floor tiles, got talking to the bloke there about backer boards prices onto my T&G wood floor, he said just use Dunlop Tile on Wood adhesive straight onto the floorboards.
Anyone had any experience of this product?
Tile on Wood
I'm a bit dubious to say the least after having read loads on this forum.
Thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
all in one, ready mixed adhesive and grout, to tile onto t&g floorboards.... lol-045.gif

mite as well just use blue tac...

D

DHTiling

Hi..

Please do not use that garbage.. it takes for ever to go off and IMO is useless..

Stick tot he advice you have read via the forum and then use a suitable S1 / S2 adhesive.. not a dispersion tubbed gimmick.

P

Peter

At the very least, you'd need a 2 part flexible adhesive on a completely rigid floor, but it's more economical to overboard anyway.

Regarding the readymixed 'adhesivee & grout', there are many stories of it taking days and weeks to set. What makes me laugh is that it's usually about 3 times the price of twice the amount of good quality adhesive :lol:

B

Ben Brooks

never tile straight onto wood especially a bathroom !
used hardibacker on top of the old floorboards then tile on top of that with bale adhesive or topps own rapid set adhesive

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of fastflex I think it's a brilliant product. I used to say you could tile curtains with it if you wanted to and it'd stick just fine and they'd still open and close. Very very flexible and never debonds (people know that who have tried to get tiles up that have been fixed using it). Very expensive though as BAL have the rights to use the rubber crumb and nobody else does (as far as I am aware - or have been told).

I saw another one of these tubbed adhesives and thought they'd be just as cool to use. Far far far from it! And to be honest at the time I think they were marketing it (not sure who's it was I used it wasn't dunlops) as a competitor to fastflex so it was very expensive also. I think it would have to have come back down in price now. And you never hear of people using it off tilersforums.com so I don't think it's taken off too well overall.

G

Gazzer

I'm a fan of fastflex I think it's a brilliant product. I used to say you could tile curtains with it if you wanted to and it'd stick just fine and they'd still open and close. Very very flexible and never debonds (people know that who have tried to get tiles up that have been fixed using it). Very expensive though as BAL have the rights to use the rubber crumb and nobody else does (as far as I am aware - or have been told).

I saw another one of these tubbed adhesives and thought they'd be just as cool to use. Far far far from it! And to be honest at the time I think they were marketing it (not sure who's it was I used it wasn't dunlops) as a competitor to fastflex so it was very expensive also. I think it would have to have come back down in price now. And you never hear of people using it off tilersforums.com so I don't think it's taken off too well overall.

Plenty of similar products about .

Reply to Dunlop Tile on Wood in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen