Search the forum,

Discuss Dry cutting porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I use my Dewalt stand with a custom made piece of slotted plywood!
At a certain age getting down is not a dance move so a good work height and correct cutting action is a necessity.
Also my trusty Rubi.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-08-21-12-25-19.png

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks Ray TT, at last a reply that makes sense.
Will sort myself a thicker bedded surface for my cutter and try again cutting at waist height.
To be fair, cutting on the floor is awkward at times, and usually cut smaller tiles on my Tx700 without problems.
I like my Tx1200, mostly used for ceramic wall tiles, deals with most porcelanosa bathroom tiles upto 1100mm and cuts well, being advised to ditch it and spend another 5-600 notes on the equivalent Sigma cutter is ridiculous.
Once again, cheers for the advise, will give it a go with a new 8mm wheel.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Make sure you get the gold wheel

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yep yep you're right

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Fairly sure they dont make a gold 8mm wheel, but they do a 10mm gold.
depending what surface you are cutting if its smooth i would start with a 6 mm wheel it gives a far sharper
fracture line and deeper a little oil will let it run a lot smoother

Reply to Dry cutting porcelain tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen