Discuss Don't you just love it..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
When a customer decides they don't want you to start until tomorrow now... A call last night would've been nice! :-/

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
100m2 job just cancelled on me today (also starting timorrow) as a life event has occurred that needs the tiling money. After numorous site visits. Quotes. Additional time on calls fuel and going the extra mile... They have my prep knowledge ready for £10m2 tiler to go in and do it. Fuming... No not really. I expected it.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Just happened to me too. At least i got 2 days notice though. Should have started a job tomorrow, but now it's Friday. A spot of book keeping and tool buying and shed sorting for 2 days!

I should really be sorting my garage, but can't quite find the motivation lol!

100m2 job just cancelled on me today (also starting timorrow) as a life event has occurred that needs the tiling money. After numorous site visits. Quotes. Additional time on calls fuel and going the extra mile... They have my prep knowledge ready for £10m2 tiler to go in and do it. Fuming... No not really. I expected it.

Why did you expect it Cam? Did their jaws drop when you gave them the quote? :D

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Just had a feeling. They said were happy with the price... They even knocked me down £2.50 off my m2 rate. See you enn teas

A

AMtek

Same happened to me on Friday for a job I was supposed to start on Monday. It was a guest house that wanted 2 additional ensuites put in. Joiners booked in, plumber booked in, plasterers booked in then they call and say that they have booked all the rooms out for 2 weeks. That's after I finish another job and they try to knock me down on the bill when all the work is done and they are happy with it

beanz

TF
Reaction score
They sound like a right pain! I can't understand (or stand for that matter) people that agree a
price, then want to haggle after the work's done!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd consider taking deposits and knocking it off the final bill to be honest. Seems to happen a lot these days. A days wage up front and if they mess you about they lose it and you move on.

Not sure if it'd back fire to be fair but I'd try at least.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I'd consider taking deposits and knocking it off the final bill to be honest. Seems to happen a lot these days. A days wage up front and if they mess you about they lose it and you move on.

Not sure if it'd back fire to be fair but I'd try at least.

I think you'd be starting off on the wrong foot, and probably lose the job.

Reply to Don't you just love it..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay