Search the forum,

Discuss does anyone know what terrazzo is grouted with? Resin or normal floor grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Im tiling over a terrazzo floor. Was a bit worried about the addy adhering properly but advised to use flexi Ardex S38 and a admix as well! Really gooey and sticky. I keyed the floor first as well with my concrete saw, just to be sure!

G

GazTech

The terazzo work on the Morecambe Pavilion Theatre is fantastic, ( grade 2 listed & tiled in 1897)......but the Italian fixer spelled it Morecambe Pavillon...nobody had the heart to correct his spelling :mad2:, suffice to say it is exceptional work....Gaz

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tiling1

snowcrete is used neat to grout terrazzo also in the making with marble chippings added to the mix to make the tiles or form skirting an pannels. grout the whole area and leave to dry the whole area is the diamond polished to remove exess and take any imperfections in the levels out. hope this helps i used to make terrazzo tile by hand many many years ago while training.

R

RockCeramics

just browsing some old posts and found this one of interest.
As a norm of rule terrazzo should only be grouted with cement.
the epoxy resin is only a quick patch repair and should only be used for a temporary repair. There are a few areas where a site ask for any tiles to be laid and resin filled on the same shift, as to keep a low disruption to there stores.:ban:
When grouting terrazzo these tiles should be flood grouted as to allow the tile and grout become 1 so as the grout will grab the tile and hold in one place.
If you use resin (and trust me i have been on a lot of sites and repaired other tile replacements where sub contractors resin fill). when doing this the resin will not completely fill joints and usually only fill 8mm of a joint (remembering a tile is 23mm thick.) then they will grind off and polish a tile this will generate heat and soften the resin ,once the resin has cooled down the resin will shrink and leave a small hair line crack.
Always cement grout and leave for 4 / 5 days before polishing....

Reply to does anyone know what terrazzo is grouted with? Resin or normal floor grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen