Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Diy sos in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Evening peeps,

DIY SOS has finished filming today, build complete!

Wanted to recommend to everyone to get on the show.

I'll be honest its cost me a good deal of money to be involved. Well worth it in many ways. It was a huge job we undertook but it was for children in need, and more so children in my community. Very very rewarding.
I can't post any pictures until after the show is broadcasted. Ill let you know when I get told, but it will be the children in need episode. Anyway besides the warm and fuzzy reasons behind getting involved is the networking potential and promotion value.i met a lot of good tradesman, saw them work and got contact and business details for the good ones. Not just local either. There were suppliers, manufacturers and representatives from all manor of companys and businesses.

I wore shirts with my website all over the back, so as long as they don't blur it out I'll hopefully get thousands of pounds worth of advertising for free! Maybe not a bad thing to have on the CV and website either.
They look after you, feed you well also. Be warned it is stressful and chaotic. But so rewarding in many ways.

tunesaqu.jpg

M

Marksmithtiling

Good for you !!look forward to seeing you at work.They filmed one at my wifes friends friend a while back,still waiting to see that on tv.My wife has a similar pic to the one above ,with her and her mate.They were filming for about 2 weeks

Reaction score
Done a few for diysos now.......Mark (Next to Ali) the irish guy is a funny man. We got involved with one for Derby County where they all popped up.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's an awesome networking thing if not just the warm fuzz like you say. Make sure you keep in touch with the suppliers and whatnot that you've spoken to. A couple of those half a dozen might turn out to be real worthy contacts long term.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was on "Building the dream" last week

900x400x20mm limestone job........Eco house for a builder local to me. My van was on camera longer than me. :oops:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Didn't see that much of Nick if I'm honest. Spent quite a bit of time with Mark and Chris. Top blokes, hilarious.

I left my details with them and showed willing to do more if they need a tiler in the future. Will wait and see if I get a call.
The next build is in Newcastle if anyones interested. If anyone wants, PM me and ill put you intouch with the background team and planners.

Lol, pete. I usually keep the beard trimmed and neat. No time for that ovr the build though, if I wasn't working I was sleeping. Glad to have this week free to catch up and rest.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Im not sure if they are. Chris was saying they do two weks on two off. When he's off the show he's on his own jobs back in Devon.

I

ian158

Saw you in Yaxley coop yesterday..no beard though..did you cry at the end ? Billy the spark..man he was a nightmare when he worked in the bbc studios all those years ago...never could trust his work!..hope he better now.

I

ian158

The regular guys must be on a good earner...

£250-£300 a day ..you'd only get £180 for a 11hr day on set ..depends on hours...did 8 years doing tv...last job I did was ashes to ashes in 2009..even got name on credits

W

White Room

£250-£300 a day ..you'd only get £180 for a 11hr day on set ..depends on hours...did 8 years doing tv...last job I did was ashes to ashes in 2009..even got name on credits

What type of work was you doing on these programmes..

Reply to Diy sos in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks