Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra Mat and Underfloor Heating in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clipboard2008

Hi
Can you help?

I have 40m2 of floor tiles to lay on wooden chipboard substrate, normally I would stick down Ditra Mat with Ardex AF200 and lay the tiles on top of the Ditra but this customer is thinking about laying UFH throughout the entire floor, is it just a case of laying the UFH over the ditra or will this not work?

Your help as always is much appreciated

Thanks

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
40 m2, all in one room ? the reason I ask is because of deflection in the floor, on a floor that size I would expect a lot of give, this would need sorting out prior to any fixing, ( sorry if I'm trying to teach Gran to suck eggs lol ) If your floor is solid then I would use a flexi rapid to stick down the Ditra, ufh on top of that and then slc over that prior to fixing the tiles.

Having said that, I've never fixed to chipboard on a floor that big, only smaller floors.

Last edited:
C

clipboard2008

Sorry it's laid out like this:

1st Floor is:
Bed 1 = 11m2
Bed 2 = 6.5m2
Hallway = 4.4m2

2nd Floor is Master bedroom 17.4m2

Ground floor is concrete screed so no worries with that

Thanks

S

Stewart

I would install 10 mm Marmox insulated backer boards fixed with SPF adhesive, then slc over heatmat (minimum 6 mm IMO) then install Ditra with SPF adhesive, then tile.

I would do the same on the first floor, but also use screws and marmox washers to install insulated backer board and as long as the floor is deflecton free and the chipboard has been screwed to the joists. I would also have an expansion joint at every doorway.

Created on iPhone.....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi
Can you help?

I have 40m2 of floor tiles to lay on wooden chipboard substrate, normally I would stick down Ditra Mat with Ardex AF200 and lay the tiles on top of the Ditra but this customer is thinking about laying UFH throughout the entire floor, is it just a case of laying the UFH over the ditra or will this not work?

Your help as always is much appreciated

Thanks

Runnnnnnn!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread. If it's not a current topic then don't worry about it for now. Other threads like this can be found in the main tiling forum. If you do want to reply to it, please do. Your information may add value to somebody reading the forum in the future.

Reply to Ditra Mat and Underfloor Heating in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen