Search the forum,

Discuss direct payment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i normally get paid cheque or cash, however got a customer wants to pay direct into my account, wants me to email my bank details to him, so what details do i need to email to him , and is this a safe method payment (like can he pilfer my account of what little money i have).

I

Ian

I've done it before andy but only with a customer I'd done quite a bit of work for. I wouldn't be happy doing it for someone I'd only met a couple of times. I think it's quite safe but I'm not a big fan of the whole internet banking thing.

W

White Room

I've been paid a few times with this method..

Your account number and sort code.

S

Stewart

I get most of my payments this way. You just need to give your sort code and account number and is my preferred method of payment.

Reaction score
I have most of my commissions paid this way, as above they just need sort code and account number and you're fine. Beats waiting for a cheque to clear (or bounce!). It may take 3 working days but it's simple for the customer to do. If you're in any doubt just ask at your bank and they'll set you straight.

S

Stewart

Nothing to worry about IMO and I've been using it for years. The account I use is just a clearing account for payments and as soon as I receive it I transfere it into my main account, which is instant.

Reply to direct payment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen