Search the forum,

Discuss Diangonal cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fine Tiling

Hi Everyone,

I have layed my first travertine floor on the Diagonal set in a hall wall covering 10m2.

I have a Rubi diagonal marker which i find is rather awkward to use, Is there any other marker to cut diangonals to get a nice tight fit. also any advice to cut awkward shapes on the diagonal.

many thanks,

B

bigneil

i find a grinder very handy for awkward cuts, but for long saw cuts i use a Radial saw sometimes called a bridge saw. as for marking i never used any tools other than a tape measure, a straight edge and a pencil. LOL there are times when i had some sort of aid like the rubi adjustable angle marker though
:wink_smile:

Attachments

• RT-70925-thm.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 71
  • RT-70942-thm.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 69
F

Fine Tiling

Hi
i was thinking of putting a linear boarder down put the hallway is only a metre wide and would have made the pattern to tight, i will proberbly use a paper template.

thank you.

T

tiler burden

a wet saw and 8 or 10 inch nippers are all you really need for cutting travertine. curves, straight , 90 and 45 in fact anything can be done with these 2 tools..

T

tiler burden

i now realise that all these angle finders and scribing tools are for the diy or novice market imo.

T

tiler burden

patience + practice= confidence..........you'll be 'fine' tiling,,,sorry that was an awful atempt at a joke.

M

MICK the Tiler

Sometimes I use a piece of timber usually 20x20mm with a 45 deg cut on one end. place the angle end on the skirt allowing your spacer the mark the other end allowing spacer. repeat at the other end and mark on tile you want to cut.

Reply to Diangonal cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen