Discuss Deflection issue with No More Ply down in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 46792

To be honest there hasnt been much laughing in that bathroom the last couple of days...let alone any 'Elvis Willy'. :(

If put down a few more screws and it seems a bit better. I would consider ripping it up and starting again but from what ive read NMP + NMP megastrength adhesive is not something that is going to come apart from the underlying floorboards...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Go to screwfix get some 20mm turbo gold screws fix them every 300mm using an impact driver and see what it's like....should get rid of some of that bounce.

J

Joseph Kover

Go to screwfix get some 20mm turbo gold screws fix them every 300mm using an impact driver and see what it's l

These are all structural-statical problems.not worth to risk,its all the traders fault from the moment he is touching it.

D

Deleted member 46792

The bounce has definitely reduced with extra screws. I just used the No More Ply screws. I'm now thinking that maybe vinyl tiles is the only solution without ripping up the NMP and half of the floorboards they are now at one with.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
TBH mate its difficult trying to make an assessment with out being there ...your dancing video help a bit and to me it looks like the nmp bouncing on the floor boards......personally I'm not a fan of nmp prefer hardie stuck down with a full bed of adhesive and screwed...
Choice is yours mate.....good luck.

Q

Qwerty

Personally I have never used NMP as I put my faith in other products. Strengthen the floor as already stated if you can and it should help massively

D

Deleted member 46792

Used NMP once, you need more glue than they advise...I'll stick with Hardie.

Yeah i am surprised. I think this has been the problem. I have now added screws and there is very little deflection as far as i can see.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Go for it then....I would recommend using bal single part fast flex and bal wide joint grout with GT1 admix and 10mm notch trowel and back skim the tiles.

BTW....don't blame me if it fails :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 46792

Did a test area using bal single fast flex...its messy stuff and quite runny but so far so good.

I try not to blame anyone for anything, it rarely gets you very far. Unless its a question of losing things, and then it's always the Mrs hiding my stuff.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to Deflection issue with No More Ply down in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks